Education Support Program
From 2023 Lakeland Senior High school will cater for students with disabilities with a brand new Education Department Approved Education Support Program. The focus of the program will be a student-centred planning model that encompasses the academic programs as well as social-emotional wellbeing of students.
The new state of the art building is due to open in Term 1 2023. The building is purpose built, to cater for students with a range of physical and intellectual disabilities. The building will be equipped with a specialist sensory room, and life skills training room. Provision will be made for Therapists who will be able to attend the school through a Therapy in Schools service agreement.
- Staff have specialised training to cater for individual needs.
- Focus on Social Emotional Wellbeing, Protective Behaviours, Independent Living skills, and Individual Behaviour analysis.
- Teachers and Education Assistants work as a team to deliver the content in curriculum areas using a range of evidence-based teaching practices targeted at students with additional needs.
- Focus on progression and achievement starting at the student’s level.
Lakeland Senior High School follow the Department of Education enrolment processes and can offer enrolment to students in the following diagnostic disability categories:
- Students with an Intellectual Disability who are eligible for an Individual Disability Allocation under this category.
- Students with eligibility for an Individual Disability Allocation for Autism Spectrum Disorder and a demonstrated high educational need.
- Students with eligibility for an Individual Disability Allocation for Severe Mental Disorder or Physical Disability and demonstrated high educational need. (Please note that this placement will be reviewed on a yearly basis.)
- Completed application form
- Students’ reports regarding diagnosis
Please click on the link for the Enrolment Process and Application to Enrol.
Please click on the link for the Education Support Information.
For more information about the program, application process or eligibility, please contact the Education Support Deputy Principal:
Phone: 6172 2200
Submitting a Request for Therapy to occur at school / during school hours
Therapy programs that are delivered at school should be aligned with the Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals and contribute to the achievement of these goals. Families and Therapists are required to meet with the teacher of the student/Learning Support Coordinator to discuss goals and proposed therapy at school. Education staff within the classroom welcome additional programs and strategies they can implement into the students’ school day that will assist students to meet their goals.
Please click on the link for the Therapists in Schools agreement.
Submitting Training and Compliance Requirements
Please ensure you provide a copy of your Working with Children Check and National Police Clearance to the school admin staff, along with the completion of any paperwork requested. In addition please provide a copy of valid registration with your appropriate board.