You need to apply to enrol your children in school for 2022 if they are:
- starting Year 7, the first year of secondary school
- changing schools.
Find your local public school.
All children of compulsory school age must be enrolled in school and attend every day – this is the law. All children must attend school up until they are 16 years old. Sixteen and 17 year olds must be enrolled in school or a training organisation, be employed or be in a combination of school/training/employment.
Every child from Pre-primary to Year 12 is guaranteed a place at their local public school.
Submit your application for enrolment at your local school as soon as possible along with copies of:
- your children’s birth certificates (telephone the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages on 1300 305 021 if you do not have one)
- your children’s immunisation history statement (telephone the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809 if you need details)
- proof of your current address (eg recent accounts for electricity, water and telephone, bank details)
- copies of Family Court orders for confirmation of proof of name or custody arrangements (if applicable).
You will receive a letter from your local school either offering a place (as per the Regulations) or indicating that no place is available.
If you have an offer of a place and want to accept it, please visit the school to complete the enrolment process.
If your children are unsuccessful in gaining places in a school outside your local-intake area you may need to reconsider enrolling them at your local school, where they are guaranteed a place.