Specialist Music Technology
The Lakeland SHS Music Technology Program is widely regarded as best practice in music technology and contemporary music production. The program is designed to create recording artists and music industry professionals of the future. Students selected into the program learn to use and apply the most up to date music industry technologies.
The Year 7 to Year 12 program is designed for both tertiary and vocational bound students with a strong aptitude for music and/or the technologies essential to the modern day music industry. Students will experience all aspects of the modern music industry including performance, recording, sound editing for film and music, mastering of music technologies (hardware and software) and the application of information technology.
- The program has essential extracurricular components including workshops, rehearsals and concerts. Course requirements include the production of a music album and organising a major community music event each year.
- Students will also have the opportunity to workshop with successful recording artists, musicians, songwriters and industry professionals.
- Students who play musical instruments and vocalists will receive additional tuition in order to further develop their abilities.
The Specialist Music Technology Program has outstanding facilities and resources and is unique in WA.
Education & Further Opportunities
Students may also be able to access the academic enrichment program, ACHIEVE, and Specialist Touch Football.
In upper school, students can select an ATAR or VET pathway depending on their career aspirations and abilities.
- Information technology skills.
- Students demonstrate an aptitude and interest in music.
- Students must be able to play an instrument, sing or ideally both.
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and playing music alone and with other people
- Students should aspire to achieve to the best of their ability.
- Students need to be committed to extra-curricular performances and a flexible timetable.
- Students must demonstrate good behaviour and attendance. A code of conduct agreement will need to be signed.
- Application for Admission
- Documentation provided at interview: most recent school report, most recent SIM or private instrumental teacher report, other relevant supporting evidence (e.g. music exam results, prizes, recordings)
- SIM Aptitude Test.
- Completed application form - demonstrates the ability to meet the selection criteria.
Parents will be notified by the school about interview and audition times.
- Completed application form – demonstrates the ability to meet the selection criteria.
- Music (SIM) aptitude test.
For information about applications, please contact the school’s Enrolment Officer. Alternatively, you can apply online and we will confirm your application.